An icon in the Hamptons (and the only year-round resort in Montauk), the super-luxe Gurney's went from geek to totally chic two years ago when the hotel got a complete overhaul. And we've got great news for you: Gurney's has made its way to Rhode Island at its newest post in Newport. Situated on Goat Island and surrounded by picturesque Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay, Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina offers the seclusion of a private island while being a short walk from the heart and history of the charming waterfront cobblestone streets of Newport.
1. 360-degree water views which make for not just a great 'gram, but also an ideal setting for pretty much anything and everything; Renovations will include a new marina, an expanded pool deck and pool club, and a Kids' Club with expanded family amenities.
2. LDV Hospitality (cc: Scarpetta Beach) will be overseeing the F&B—a.k.a. dining options will be on point. Plus, you are in New England so bring on the clam chowder, the oysters, and even the dancing lobsters...
3. A poolside to please. There will be a poolside cabana service—which if Montauk is any indication—it will be nothing short of fabulous.
4. Tons of entertaining. There's 27,000 square feet of event spaces including 300- and 650-seat ballrooms, and 50,000 square feet of outdoor space.
5. Another spectacular Seawater Spa with floor-to-ceiling views of the surrounding sea and a perfect place for some serious R&R.
6. The secluded shoreline will be the best sundowner spot in town to grab cocktails galore.